Monday 16 May 2011

Amanuensis Monday - The will of Thomas Bowen 1853

John Newmark, who writes the TransylvanianDutch blog, has a weekly theme each Monday called Amanuensis Monday to encourage the posting of transcriptions of documents to preserve and publish their contents.



Thomas Bowen was the grand-father of Mary Ann Jones.


This is the last Will and Testament of me Thomas Bowen of the Dygwm in the Parish of Moughtrey in the county of Montgomery, farmer, by me duly made published and declared, this twelfth day of October One Thousand Eight Hundred and Fifty Two.


I give and bequeath to my son John Bowen the sum of Ten Pounds


I give unto my daughter Mary Jones the sum of Two Pounds and ten shillings


I give unto my daughter Martha Jones the sum of Five pounds.


I give and bequeath unto my daughter Elizabeth Morris the sum of five pounds


The above legacies to be paid by my Executor at the expiration of twelve months after my decease.


All the residue and remainder of my property whatsoever or wheresoever after the payments of my just debts funeral expenses, testamentary expenses, and the legacies above named by my bequeathed.  I give and bequeath unto my son Thomas Bowen and hereby nominate constitute and appoint my son Thomas Bowen sole Executor to this my last Will and Testament and Witness my hand the day and year above written.


Signed published and declared by the Testator as his last Will and Testament in the presence of us who in the presence of each other and at his request have subscribed our names as Witnesses


Richard Bywater, Eskergeiling Hall
Richard Bage, Ddole


Probate granted 14 Nov 1853.

No comments:

Post a Comment