Monday 23 May 2011

Amanuensis Monday - the will of Hugh Pugh 1819

John Newmark, who writes the TransylvanianDutch blog, has a weekly theme each Monday called Amanuensis Monday to encourage the posting of transcriptions of documents to preserve and publish their contents.

Hugh Pugh was the grandfather of James Pugh.

This is the Last Will and Testament of me Hugh Pugh, Cwmderw in the parish of Llananno in the County of Radnor.

First I give and bequeath unto my son Hugh Pugh the sum of one pound and one shilling.

Also I give and bequeath unto my son Josiah Pugh the sum of one pound and one shilling.

Also I give and bequeath unto my daughter Elizabeth Thomas the wife of John Thomas the sum of one pound and one shilling.

Also I give and bequeath unto my son Price Pugh the sum of twenty pounds.

Also I give and bequeath unto my son Stephen Pugh the sum of one pound and one shilling.

Also I give and bequeath unto my son David Pugh the sum of one pound and one shilling.

All the Legacys that I above menchoned to be paid by the Executors within Twelve month after my Decease and Lastly as to all Rest and Residue and Remainder of my personal Estate goods and Chattles of what kind or Nature & savours I give and bequeath to my beloved wife Elizabeth Pugh and my son Edward Pugh.

I hereby appoint joyntly executors of this if Elizabeth Pugh my wife does marrie agen she is not to have anney more than one Hundred pounds and Bed of this my Last Will and Testament hereby revocking all former wills by me.

In witness thereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the 12 day of November in the year of our Lord 1814.

Signed sealed published and delivered by the above named Hugh Pugh to be his last will and Testament in the presence of us who have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses in the presence of the Testator…

James Evans
Stephen Pugh

Signed by the Mark of Hugh Pugh  X

Probate granted 6 Jan 1819.

Effects under £200.

2 comments:

  1. Rev Stephen Pugh. Married Ann Kinsey. Any information?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia,

    I've got quite a lot on Stephen Pugh. Email me and I'll dig out what I know. My email address is rahudson [dot] sunderland [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete