Monday 25 April 2011

Amanuensis Monday - the will of William Pugh 1829

John Newmark, who writes the TransylvanianDutch blog, has a weekly theme each Monday called Amanuensis Monday to encourage the posting of transcriptions of documents to preserve and publish their contents.


William Pugh was the uncle of Mary Ann Pugh. He died at the age of 31 in 1829 and his will provided for the upbringing of his children. Digital images of the work can be seen on the National Library of Wales website.



The last will and testament of William Pugh of the Garth in the Parish of Llandilo Graban in the County of Radnor.


As follows


I nominate and appoint my Father Henry Pugh of Penwern and my brother Henry Pugh of Penwern and my brother in law Thomas Pugh Teisha in the Parish and County aforesaid Joint trustees or Guardians over my wife and children. I give and bequeath to my son William one hundred and fifty pounds, one hundred pounds to be paid to him when he comes to the age of twenty five years and the other fifty to be paid to him after his mother's Death and all the rest, residue and remainder of my property to be equally divided between my two daughters Anne and Margaret share and share alike, and my wife Margaret is to have the interest of the said property towards her maintenance and bringing of the Children during her natural life, provided she do not marry again, but if she marries again the trustees are to see that the interest of the said property is properly applied towards the bringing up and use of the children, except the interest of the hundred pounds, to be paid to my son William, the interest of which is not to be paid after it is payable to him.


Finally I nominate and appoint the aforesaid trustees to be joint executors of this my last will and testament revoking and disannuling all former will or wills by me made, ratifying and confirming this to be my last will and testament.


As witness my hand and seal this 28 Day of Jany 1829
William Pugh


Signed sealed and delivered in the presence of us William Williams Clk, Henry Pugh

No comments:

Post a Comment