Monday 7 March 2011

Amanuensis Monday - the will of Thomas Hudson 1827

John Newmark, who writes the TransylvanianDutch blog, has a weekly theme each Monday called Amanuensis Monday to encourage the posting of transcriptions of documents to preserve and publish their contents.

Thomas Hudson was the brother of Richard Hudson, his wife Mary was the sister of Richard's wife Patience. The witnesses were Thomas and Mary's two eldest children, Ralph and Mary.

This is the last Will and Testament of me Thomas Hudson of Bishopwearmouth in the County of Durham, Agent, made this twenty sixth day of June in the year of our Lord One thousand eight hundred and twenty seven.

First I charge my effects with the payment of all my just Debts Funeral Expences [sic] and the Charges of proving this my Will. 

I give and bequeath unto my dear Wife Mary Hudson all my Household Furniture Plate Pictures Linen China Wearing Apparel parts of Shares of Steam Boats and all my Estate and Effects whatsoever and wheresoever and of whatever Nature or Description the same my be to hold the same unto my dear Wife Mary Hudson her Executors Administrators and Assigns forever.  I Hereby revoke all my former Wills, declare this to be my last Will and Testament and hereby appoint my said Wife Mary Hudson sole Executrix thereof.

In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the day and year first above Written.

Thos Hudson

Signed sealed published and declared by the said Testator as and for his last Will and Testament in the presence of us who in his presence at his request and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as Witnesses

Ralph Hudson
Mary Haddock.

No comments:

Post a Comment