Monday 28 March 2011

Amanuensis Monday - the will of David Pugh 1877

John Newmark, who writes the TransylvanianDutch blog, has a weekly theme each Monday called Amanuensis Monday to encourage the posting of transcriptions of documents to preserve and publish their contents.


David Pugh was the father of Mary Ann Pugh who is one of the beneficiaries of the will.


In the name of God Amen. I David Pugh of Tin-y-dole in the parish of Llanbadarnfynydd in the county of Radnor Farmer, Do make this my last will and testament as follows, that is to say, I do give and bequeath to my wife Mary Pugh the sum of Ten pounds yearly and every year, so long as she remains a widow and unmarried. I do give and bequeath to my son Alfred Pugh the sum of nineteen pounds and nineteen shillings. I do give and bequeath to my daughter Mary Ann Pugh the sum of Three hundred pounds, also a case and drawers one pier looking glass and three chairs, and the aforementioned sum of Three hundred pounds is to be deposited in Mr Bank's Bank at Kington until she attains the age of Twenty one and the interest is to be paid to her, but if she dies before she attains the age of twenty one that sum of three hundred pounds is to go to my Executors, to be equally divided share and share alike between them. I do give and bequeath all the residue and remainer of my property whatsoever or wheresoever unto my two sons namely James David Pugh and Henry Pugh, whom I do nominate and appoint my sole Executors, jointly and they are to pay all my just debts and funeral expenses and the aforesaid legacies, and in closing up of my estate my son Henry Pugh is to have Forty pounds more than my son James David Pugh. And I do wish them to go on together with Tin-y-dole Farm. I do disallow all former wills made by me confirming this to be my last Will and Testament, whereunto I do set my hand this Twenty second day of June One thousand eight hundred and seventy six.


Signed published and declared by the testator David Pugh to be his last will and testament in the presence of us who in his presence at the same time do subscribe our names as witnesses:


[Signed] The mark X of David Pugh
[Witnesses] David Stephens, Abraham Hamer


Proved at Hereford on the 18th day of December 1877 by the oaths of James David Pugh and Henry Pugh the sons the Executors to whom Administration was granted.
The Testator David Pugh was late of Tinydole in the parish of Llanbadarnfynydd in the County of Radnor Farmer and died on the 25th day of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment